Lambeth United Church
“Where the feeling of being a community is very strong.”
4268 Colonel Talbot Road, London, Ontario
(519)652-2093 10:30 Morning Worship & Sunday School
Staffed Nursery available during Worship
|Minister: Rev. Matthew Penny
Youth and Family Co-ordinator: Louise Dodd
Church Secretary: Judy King
Organist: Alan Davidson
Parish Advocate: Jan Linner
We believe that it is important for people to be a community and to have a sense of belonging. Therefore, it is the missional object of our Church to offer help and hope to people in our congregation, neighbourhood and far away, as exemplified in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Wisdom of Eleanor Roosevelt:
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature but beautiful old people are works of art.
- Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
- If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.
- One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.